Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more.
Do you want to win at being a kid? It starts with putting God first.
- Kids basics #1 is to put God first. No matter how old you get, you’ll always be busy with things. You’ll always have to try hard to make God your priority.
- Three great ways to spend time with God are through prayer, reading the Bible, and talking about God and the Bible with your family.
- Make God a priority if you want to survive as a kid. Just remember the basics, starting with this: put God first.
Deuteronomy 6:5 Love the Lord with all your heart, soul and strength.
See Also: Faithfulness
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- What’s your favorite thing to do when you get home from school?
- How can we put God first? (Hint: There are three main ways.)
- Read 1 Timothy 4:8. If you play sports or an instrument, what things do you do at practice to prepare for a game/recital? How can reading the Bible or praying be like training (practice) for God?
- How will you put God first this week?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Survival Guide for Kids series.