Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
Mercy is all about not punishing someone who deserves it. Find out why it's so important for you to be merciful.
- Mercy is not punishing someone who deserves it.
- Mercy says, “I could punish you, but I choose not to.”
- Mercy is forgiving someone instead of making them feel bad.
- Mercy is making a habit of being nice.
Matthew 5:7 Happy are those who are merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
See Also: Kindness
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- What is the definition for mercy?
- Give an example of a time you showed mercy to someone. How about an example of a time you were shown mercy?
- Finish the sentence, “If you learn mercy, you will _____________ _____________.”
- How has God shown us His mercy?
- Read Colossians 3:13. Why is forgiveness a great way to show mercy? How does forgiving someone change our attitude toward that person?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Get Happy: A Study in the Beatitudes series.