Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
In this lesson, find out how what it means to be really happy. The answers might surprise you.
- The word “bless” is just another word for “happiness.”
- God makes you happy when you realize your need for him.
- We all need God.
Matthew 5:3 God blesses those who are poor and realize their need for Him.
See Also: Happiness
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- List some things that make you happy. (Ex. favorite holiday, food, people, places) Why do they make you happy?
- Can you think of some things that used to make you happy but don’t anymore? What happened?
- Why do we need God?
- Read Matthew 18:3-4. What do you think of infants/toddlers? What things do they need help with? Why would Jesus encourage people to come to him like a child?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Get Happy: A Study in the Beatitudes series.