Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more.
Almost everyone knows the Golden Rule: that we should treat others how we want to be treated. That means treat them right!
- Kids basics #3 is to treat others right. The Golden Rule is all about treating others how we want to be treated. And since we want to be treated right, we should treat others right.
- Here are three ways to know you’re treating others right: be nice to every kid, don’t say mean things behind others’ backs, and treat others how you want to be treated.
- The Golden Rule says to treat others the way you want to be treated (Matthew 7:12).
- It’s pretty simple. If you want to survive and win at being a kid, treat others right. Treat them the way you want to be treated.
Matthew 7:12 Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you.
See Also: Friendship, Kindness
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Describe a time someone was really nice to you. How did that feel? What about a time someone was really mean to you. How did that feel?
- How well do you think you’re doing at treating others right? What are you good at? What needs some work?
- Make a list of how you want to be treated. Now, look at that list. Do you think you can treat others that way?
- Read Proverbs 18:24. How can the “not so nice” friends hurt you? Why do you think a true friend is compared to a brother (sister)?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Survival Guide for Kids series.