Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
Sometimes we panic when bad things happen to us. That’s when we need to remember God is in control.
This is Q3L8 in our Explorers curriculum. Download the family guide here: Download Family Guide (pdf)
- Pharaoh let the Israelites get out of Egypt. Exodus 12:31
- Pharaoh changed his mind and chased down the Israelites. Exodus 14:5
- God parted the Red Sea and rescued the Israelites. Exodus 14:21-22
- When you’re in a pickle, stay calm and pray for help. Exodus 14:14
Exodus 14:14 The Lord himself will fight for you. Just stay calm.
See Also: Fear, God, Pharaoh and the Plagues
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Describe a time you were in a tough situation and you didn’t know what to do. How did that make you feel and what did you do?
- How did God lead the Israelites during the day and at night? What did Pharaoh decide to do that put the Israelites in danger?
- What did God do to help the Israelites escape?
- Read Proverbs 3:5-6. Why should we trust God? When we trust God, what does he do for us?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Bible Storyline series.