Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
Some kids think rules are a bad thing, but they actually make us free to live a great life.
- Fish are free to swim in water.
- Fish are not free to swim on the sidewalk.
- God’s rules for kids are like water for fish.
John 14:15 If you love me, obey my commandments.
See Also: Obedience
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Describe the coolest fish you’ve ever seen whether in the ocean or at the pet store. Why did you like it?
- What are some of the rules you have to follow at home? How about at school? How do those rules keep you safe?
- Why is it dangerous to break the rules? Think of a rule in your life, that if you broke it, would put you in danger.
- What are some of the rules we find in the Bible? Why are those rules important to follow?
- Read James 1:22-25. What does this passage say we need to do with God’s rules? What happens when we follow God’s rules?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Versus series.