Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
Samson wasn't good at keeping his promises. Even though he was strong and special, he made a lot of bad choices.
- God promised to make Samson a warrior. Judges 13:5
- Samson promised God not to touch dirty things, not to drink alcohol. and never cut his hair.
- The story of Samson is about self control and keeping your promises. Judges 16:19
1 Timothy 4:8 Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better…
See Also: Self Control
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- What is your favorite sport or outdoor activity? Are you good at it? Do you ever practice to get better at it?
- How can you get good at doing what pleases God?
- Where does the fruit we eat come from?
- Read Galatians 5:22 to discover a different kind of fruit. Where do you think the fruit of the Spirit comes from?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Stuff You Missed series.