Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
Have you ever said this: “sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.” It's not true! Words can be poisonous.
- Words can bring life or death.
- Use your words to help others every chance you get.
- God can help you with your words.
Proverbs 18:21 The tongue can bring death or life; those who love to talk will reap the consequences.
See Also: Self-control
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- What’s the nicest thing someone has said about you lately? How did that make you feel?
- How can our words bring life to others? What does it mean that our words can mean death?
- How can you use your words to build up people in your life?
- Read Ephesians 4:29. Why shouldn’t we use mean language? What are some things we can say that would be helpful and encouraging to others?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Toxic series.