Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
Jesus’ last words on earth remind us that he came to earth to finish a job.
- Jesus’s last word was actually one big word: “tetelestai”. John 19:30
- Tetelestai means the work is done. Luke 19:1
- Tetelestai means he paid off all the debts. Hebrews 10:12
John 19:30 When Jesus had tasted it, he said, “It is finished!” Then he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Describe an art project, lego creation or homework assignment you’ve worked really hard to finish. How did it feel when you were done?
- What does “tetelestai” mean?
- What debt did we owe that Jesus paid for in full?
- Read Hebrews 9:28. Why did Jesus die for us? What will happen when he returns again?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Famous Last Words Series.