Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more.
Joy is a word we sing in our Christmas songs and see written on ornaments hanging on the Christmas tree. But why be joyful?
- Joy is being happy with what you have!
- We have life!
- We have stuff!
- We have people who love us!
- We have Jesus!
Luke 2:10-11 “Don’t be afraid!” he said. “I bring you good news that will bring great joy to all people. The Savior—yes, the Messiah, the Lord—has been born today in Bethlehem, the city of David!”
See Also: Christmas
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- What do you look most forward to at Christmas?
- What is joy? Why is it important?
- Why should Jesus be the most important person in your life?
- Read Philippians 4:4-5. What does it mean to have the joy of the Lord? How can you share that joy with others?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the True Christmas series.