Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
God keeps us safe from lies. Find out how here.
- God wants us to stay safe from lies. So we’ve got to gear up!
- The armor of God helps us to stay safe. It’s the belt of truth, the body armor of God’s righteousness, the shield of faith, the helmet of salvation, the sword of the Spirit, and the shoes of peace.
Jude 1:1 I am writing to all who have been called by God the Father, who loves you and keeps you safe in the care of Jesus Christ.
See Also: God, Truth
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- What happens when you lie to your parents? How do you feel when someone lies to you?
- What protective gear do you wear in the sports or activities you enjoy? Why is this gear important?
- From what kinds of things does God want to protect us? How does He protect us?
- Read Ephesians 6:13-17. List God’s armor. How can each piece be used to protect you?
- Read 1 Thessalonians 5:14-15. Make a list of the commands in this passage. What is wrong with being lazy and mean? Why shouldn’t you pay back evil for evil? Why should you help others?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Jude series.