Watch the video above and talk about it with your family! Learn more
One step at a time, we can learn to walk with the Spirit and live a life that honors God.
Think about when you first learned how to walk. Did you just jump up on your feet and start running around like a teenager? No way! You stood up and took one little step. And then you fell back down. Just ask your mom. Nobody starts with teenager steps. Everybody starts with baby steps.
- The Holy Spirit gives us power for good habits.
- Good habits look like the fruit of the Spirit.
- It takes baby steps to walk by the Spirit.
From the Bible:
Galatians 5:16 So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won’t be doing what your sinful nature craves.
Galatians 5:25 Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives.
Talk About It
- What was your favorite part of the video? What is one thing you learned?
- What’s the hardest thing you’ve learned to do? (ex. Skiing, playing guitar, skateboarding, reading) How did you get better at it?
- List the fruits of the Spirit. Which ones are already habits in your life? Which ones do you need to work on?
- Ask your parents what it was like when you learned to walk. Were you a quick learner or accident prone?
- What should we do when we fall down in our walk with God?
- Read Galatians 5:24-25. What does it mean to nail our sins to the cross? How does the Holy Spirit help us to live for God?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Habits series.