Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
If you want to get rid of your bad habits, it starts with what happens between your ears.
- Before a habit ever becomes what you do, it starts with what you think. And when your thinkin’ is stinkin’, your habits smell bad, too!
- The Bible says that if you’re a Christian, you have God’s Spirit living in you. Do you know what he does in you? He gives you a whole new way to think and act!
- The Bible says you have to “put on your new nature”, like putting on a jacket or shoes. It’s something you have to actually do, every day. Ephesians 4:23-24
Ephesians 4:23-24 Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God—truly righteous and holy.
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Make a list of things that are really stinky. Why don’t we like stinky things?
- What are some examples of stinky thinking?
- How does God help us to act like a new person?
- What do we need to do to live the way God wants us to live?
- Read Galatians 5:22-23. List all of the fruits of the Spirit. Which ones do you need to work on most?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Habits series.