Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
God's people had been wandering around for a really long time in search of a place called the Promised Land.
This is Q5L2 in our Explorers curriculum. Download the family guide here: Download Family Guide (pdf)
- God’s people waited a really long time to get there.
- Joshua was picked to lead the people into the Promised Land. Joshua 1:2
- God told Joshua to remember 3 very important things. Joshua 1:8
- Wherever we go we’ll be successful if we listen to God.
Joshua 1:8 Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do.
See Also: the Bible, Rahab and the Spies
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Where is your most favorite place to visit on vacation? (campsite, Disneyland, beach) Why do you like it so much?
- What was the name of the place God promised the Israelites? Why did the people want to go there?
- How long did they wander in the desert? Who became the leader once Moses died?
- Read Deuteronomy 13:4. What does it mean to fear the Lord? How can you cling to God and his word?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Bible Storyline series.