Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
The best way you can show love to God is by obeying him. We should read the Bible and do what it says!
- Obedience is what you do when you become a Christian.
- The best way to obey God is to obey your parents.
- Obeying your parents is the first commandment that comes with a promise
Ephesians 6:1 Children, obey your parents because you belong to the Lord, for this is the right thing to do.
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- What are some rules in your house that you must obey? What about rules at school? What happens when you don’t obey the rules?
- What are some of God’s rules in the Bible that we should obey?
- Why do you think God cares that you obey your parents?
- Why will your life be better if you obey your parents?
- Read James 1:22-24. Why isn’t just listening enough to please God? What does our obedience say to God or to our parents?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of The Grid for Kids series.