Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
Some people think that the ten commandments are just a list of religious rules we have to follow, but that’s not why God gave them to us.
This is Q4L4 in our Explorers curriculum. Download the family guide here: Download Family Guide (pdf)
- God gave 10 Commandments for the people to follow.
- The first four commandments are about us and God.
- The last six commandments are about us and people.
- The whole point is to love God and love others! Matthew 22:38-40
Matthew 22:40 The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.
See Also: Love, Relationships
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- If you were in charge in your house, what would your rules be and why?
- How many commandments did God give Moses?
- What was the real point of God’s rules?
- Read Matthew 22:37-39. What do you think it means to love God with your whole heart? What do you think it means to love others like you love yourself?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Bible Storyline series.