This is one of our Bible topics.
Instructions: Watch the video above and then talk about it with your family! Learn more
Famous people usually get really big heads and walk around acting like God. That’s why you shouldn’t try to be famous. That’s the message of the Tower of Babel story in Genesis 11.
- The people teamed up to build a famous tower.
- God turned the people into a bunch of babblers.
- Don’t try to be a famous person.
From the Bible:
Genesis 11:3-9 They began saying to each other, “Let’s make bricks and harden them with fire.” (In this region bricks were used instead of stone, and tar was used for mortar.) 4 Then they said, “Come, let’s build a great city for ourselves with a tower that reaches into the sky. This will …”
Philippians 2:3 Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. (Memory Verse)
- What was your favorite part of the video? What is one thing you learned?
- Do you dream about being famous some day? What would you do to be famous? What would you do with all the money you would make?
- What were the people trying to build? Why do you think they wanted to build it?
- What did God do to the people? Why do you think he did that?
- In your own words, what does it mean to be famous? Why is fame bad for us?
- How should you act when you know you’re good at something?
- Read 1 John 2:16. What does the world want us to care about? What does God want us to care about?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?