Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
Habits are the things we do over and over without even thinking. We have good habits and bad. The goal is to stop the bad ones and do more of the good ones.
- A habit is something you do over and over.
- Habits have a way of controlling us.
- Good habits are things that make your parents and God happy.
- Bad habits are things that make your parents and God sad. Romans 7:15
Romans 7:15 I don’t really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don’t do it. Instead, I do what I hate.
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- What are some of your silly habits? (ex, sitting in the same chair at dinner, eat the same lunch everyday, pick your nose)
- What is a habit? How do your habits control you?
- Make a list of your good and bad habits. Why are the bad habits not good for you?
- Read Romans 7:15. Do you ever feel like you want to do what’s right but you don’t? What is a word that describes this struggle between right and wrong? (hint: we all have it and Jesus came to fix it)
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Habits series.