Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
Communion is a special thing Christians do to remember what Jesus did for them on the cross.
- Communion is when Christians eat bread and drink grape juice at church.
- Jesus invented communion all the way back in the New Testament.
- In communion, the bread stands for Jesus’ body and the drink stands for his blood. Luke 22:17-20
- Communion helps us remember that Jesus is the center of it all.
Luke 22:19b This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me.
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Share some of your favorite family traditions. Do your friends think some of them are weird?
- What do people do when they take communion? What does each item represent?
- Why does Jesus want us to take communion?
- Read John 3:16-17. Why did Jesus come? What does it mean that we can have eternal life?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Bible Basics series.