Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
Salvation is a big word that we hear all the time in church, but what does it actually mean?
This is Q3L2 in our Explorers curriculum. Download the family guide here: Download Family Guide (pdf)
- Salvation is a fancy word for getting “right” with God.
- We get saved when we believe in Jesus. Ephesians 2:8-9
- Jesus paid to save us when he died on the cross.
- Anyone can make a personal decision to be saved. Romans 3:22
Romans 3:22 We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes, no matter who we are.
See Also: Sin, Jesus, Salvation
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Share the last time you had an argument with someone. What happened and how did you make it right?
- What is the problem we all have? Who came to fix the problem?
- What do we have to do to be saved from our sins?
- Read 1 John 1:9. To confess means to admit we’re sinners. Who do we need to tell that we’re sinners? What does God do with our sins?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Bible Basics series.