Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more.
These days, even kids get tempted to do bad stuff. But God gives kids the power to resist the temptation and honor God with four simple steps.
- Take your thoughts captive.
- Run away from bad things.
- Chase better things.
- Tell somebody.
1 Corinthians 10:13 He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.
See Also: Temptation
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Parents, share a few examples of how you fight temptation in your life.
- Why is it important to take your thoughts “captive”? What can happen when you don’t?
- List some of the better things to think about when you’re being tempted by inappropriate things.
- Talk right now about some of the temptations your kids need to watch out for. Make a plan for how you’ll deal with them when they come up.
- Read 2 Timothy 2:22. Why is it important to run away from temptation? What does this passage say we should pursue instead?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the God Never Said That series.