These days, even kids get tempted to do bad stuff. But God gives kids the power to resist the temptation and honor God with four simple steps.
- Take your thoughts captive.
- Run away from bad things.
- Chase better things.
- Tell somebody.
1 Corinthians 10:13 He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Parents, share a few examples of how you fight temptation in your life.
- Why is it important to take your thoughts “captive”? What can happen when you don’t?
- List some of the better things to think about when you’re being tempted by inappropriate things.
- Talk right now about some of the temptations your kids need to watch out for. Make a plan for how you’ll deal with them when they come up.
- Read 2 Timothy 2:22. Why is it important to run away from temptation? What does this passage say we should pursue instead?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the God Never Said That series.