Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
The story of Abraham in Genesis 12 shows us how brave he was to leave everything he knew to follow God and a far away dream.
- Abraham was known as the brave wanderer.
- God led Abraham to the Promised Land.
- Abraham’s faith helped him to trust God.
Hebrews 11:8 It was by faith that Abraham obeyed when God called him to leave home and go to another land. He went without knowing where he was going.
See Also: Faithfulness, Courage
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Have you ever had to move to a new home, state, or school? What was hard about making that change? What was fun or exciting about it?
- How do you think Abraham felt being asked to leave his home?
- Have you ever had to do something hard and prayed for God to help you? What happened?
- Read Jeremiah 29:11. How does it feel to know that God has a plan for your life? How do you discover what that plan is?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of The Faith Hall of Fame series.