The Bible tells us what to do when we’re tempted. We have to catch and throw away any thought that doesn’t honor God.
- Temptation is something everyone deals with.
- We need to know how things like pornography, talking dirty, or acting dirty can lead to trouble.
- If you’re tempted, do these four things:
- Take your thoughts captive. 2 Corinthians 10:5
- Run away. 2 Timothy 2:22
- Run toward good things. 2 Timothy 2:22
- Tell somebody.
2 Timothy 2:22 Run from anything that stimulates youthful lusts. Instead, pursue righteous living, faithfulness, love, and peace. Enjoy the companionship of those who call on the Lord with pure hearts
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Parents, share a few examples of how you fight temptation in your life.
- Why is it important to take your thoughts “captive”? What can happen when you don’t?
- List some of the better things to think about when you’re being tempted by inappropriate things.
- Talk right now about some of the temptations to watch out for. Make a plan for how you’ll deal with them when they come up.
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of The Birds and the Bees series.