Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
Sex is not a dirty word, but how's a kid supposed to know? In this lesson we introduce God's design for sex in marriage, so kids can start thinking right about it all.
- Sex is not a dirty word, but it is a word you should be sure to use when talking to your parents.
- Sex is something God made just for marriage, and it’s a good thing. It’s a gift for a husband and wife.
- Sex is more special than your friends even know. You’ll hear more about sex as you get older.
- Always be respectful when you talk about sex!
Ephesians 5:31 A man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one.
See Also: Purity
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- When have you heard the word “sex” before? Have your friends or siblings ever said anything about it to you? If so, what did they say?
- Parents, talk about why marriage is so special to you. What makes it different than other relationships in life?
- Make a list of ways people speak disrespectfully about sex. What will you do to avoid making these mistakes?
- Kids, do you have any questions about sex for your parents?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of The Birds and the Bees series.