If you're sick with the "gimmies," then you want stuff you don't need. But, there is a cure!
- The “gimmies” are when you always want stuff you don’t really need.
- The gimmies never satisfy. There is always something: better, newer, faster or prettier out there.
- The cure for the gimmies is being happy with what God has given you. Stuff isn’t the answer to being happy. We need to trust that God will give us the stuff we really need.
Philippians 4:19 And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Make a list of things kids really want, like cool gaming systems, clothes, phones, etc. Why do kids want those things?
- Why can’t our stuff make us happy?
- What are some things God has given you? How can you show your parents (and God) how thankful you are for those things?
- Read Ecclesiastes 5:10-11. Why can’t money make us happy? What’s a better way to view money?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?