Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
Some people think that God wants us to be happy all the time. But, God never said that. God wants us to be more than happy.
- God never said we will always be happy.
- Chasing happiness can lead us down the wrong path.
- God wants you to be more than happy.
Psalms 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
See Also: Happiness
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- If you could eat whatever you wanted all day, what would you choose? What are some potential consequences for eating too much of a good thing?
- Does it surprise you to know that God never said you’ll always be happy? Explain.
- What are some examples of things people do to find happiness that might not be the best for them?
- What do you think “more than happy” means?
- Read Philippians 4:11-13. What does it mean to be content? How does being content affect the way we look at life?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the God Never Said That series.