Some people think that God wants us to be happy all the time. But, God never said that. God wants us to be more than happy.
- God never said we will always be happy.
- Chasing happiness can lead us down the wrong path.
- God wants you to be more than happy.
Psalms 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- If you could eat whatever you wanted all day, what would you choose? What are some potential consequences for eating too much of a good thing?
- Does it surprise you to know that God never said you’ll always be happy? Explain.
- What are some examples of things people do to find happiness that might not be the best for them?
- What do you think “more than happy” means?
- Read Philippians 4:11-13. What does it mean to be content? How does being content affect the way we look at life?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the God Never Said That series.