God cares about our thoughts and he wants us to think about lovely things.
- When the Bible says to have “lovely” thoughts, it just means that we should think about the good stuff.
- Jesus loves you.
- You are special.
- You can obey.
Philippians 4:8 “And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.”
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Make two lists: Bad thoughts kids might have (I’m not smart, I’m not funny), and good thoughts kids might have (I’m funny, I’m nice). What happens if we only focus on the bad thoughts?
- How do our thoughts affect our actions?
- Why is it important to know that Jesus loves you?
- What are some things about you that make you special?
- Read Ephesians 4:21-24. What are we supposed to throw off? How does the Holy Spirit help us to be a new creation?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Don’t Phlip Out series.