- The first church shows us how we can win at church.
- We win when we listen to our teachers.
- We win when we make friends at church.
- We win at church every time we pray together.
Acts 2:42 All the believers devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching, and to fellowship, and to sharing in meals, and to prayer.
- Jesus had a lot to say about money.
- Jesus said to guard against greed. We should not keep all our money to ourselves, but share with those in need.
- Jesus said that money is not as important as God. Don’t let money or stuff take God’s place in your life.
- Jesus said that whatever we spend our money on is where our attention will go. If you spend all your money on yourself, you’ll be focused on yourself. If you give to God, you’ll be more focused on God.
Luke 12:34 Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.
- We win at school when we work hard. God wants you to try your best. It makes God smile when you work hard.
- We win at school when we respect our teachers. Disrespecting your teachers is like disrespecting God. Our teachers are in charge for a good reason, and we should listen to them.
- We win at school when we follow the rules. Rules are like fences by a highway. They keep us from wandering onto a dangerous road.
- We win when we act like Jesus is right there with us.
Ephesians 6:7 Work with enthusiasm, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.
- Failure is “lack of success.”
- Failure is not always a bad thing. But we have to keep going even if we fail.
- You win with attitude and effort, even when you lose.
- You make God smile when you do your best, and that’s how you win at losing.
Galatians 6:9 So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.