- Kids basics #1 is to put God first. No matter how old you get, you’ll always be busy with things. You’ll always have to try hard to make God your priority.
- Three great ways to spend time with God are through prayer, reading the Bible, and talking about God and the Bible with your family.
- Make God a priority if you want to survive as a kid. Just remember the basics, starting with this: put God first.
Deuteronomy 6:5 Love the Lord with all your heart, soul and strength.
- Kids basics #2 is to obey your parents.
- We should obey our parents because the Bible says so (Colossians 3:20). This will please God.
- We should also obey our parents for our protection. Our parents give us rules and boundaries not to be mean, but to keep us safe. Kids don’t always know the dangers in the world, but parents do. That’s why they set rules and boundaries.
- Don’t forget your ICE: kids should obey their parents immediately, cheerfully, and exactly!
Colossians 3:20 Obey your parents, for this pleases the Lord.
- Kids basics #3 is to treat others right. The Golden Rule is all about treating others how we want to be treated. And since we want to be treated right, we should treat others right.
- Here are three ways to know you’re treating others right: be nice to every kid, don’t say mean things behind others’ backs, and treat others how you want to be treated.
- The Golden Rule says to treat others the way you want to be treated (Matthew 7:12).
- It’s pretty simple. If you want to survive and win at being a kid, treat others right. Treat them the way you want to be treated.
Matthew 7:12 Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you.