- Posts not found
Topic #1: Samson
- God promised to make Samson a warrior. Judges 13:5
- Samson promised God not to touch dirty things, not to drink alcohol. and never cut his hair.
- The story of Samson is about self control and keeping your promises. Judges 16:19
Topic #2: Elijah
- Elijah was a prophet, which is another word for messenger.
- God has existed forever, and he is the real God. Isaiah 4:28
- Elijah had a big showdown with false prophets, but the real God won! 1 Kings 18:24-39
Topic #3: Jehoshaphat
- The Moabites, the Ammonites and the Meunites declared war to King Jehoshaphat. 2 Chronicles 20:1-2
- Jehoshaphat prayed to God when he was in trouble. 2 Chronicles 20:6
- Jehoshaphat knew that God was the only hope for his kingdom.
- God wants to help you in every situation.
More Warm Ups
- Posts not found
Topic #4: What Is Sin?
View the Kid’s Church lesson for this topic.
- Sin is doing things our own way instead of God’s way. James 4:7
- Sin started with the very first people, and it’s still around today! Romans 3:23
- Sin separates us from God and the people we love.
- Jesus took care of our sin problem when he went to the cross. Romans 6:23
Topic #5: Who Is Jesus?
View the Kids’ Church lesson for this topic.
- Jesus existed even before he was born on earth. John 1:1-2
- Jesus is actually God himself. John 1:1
- God created everything through Jesus. John 1:3
- Jesus is the light that shines in the darkness. John 1:5
Topic #6: Trusting Jesus
- We all have a sin problem, both kids and parents! Romans 3:23
- Jesus fixed the problem when he died on the cross. Romans 5:8
- Anyone can begin a relationship with God by Jesus (asking him into your heart). Romans 3:22
Asking Jesus into your heart:
“Jesus, I know that I need you to help me. I believe that you died for my sins and rose from the grave. Will you come into my heart so I can be saved? Thank you for this free gift. Amen.”
Topic #7: How to Live
- As Christians, we should live to honor God. 2 Corinthians 5:17
- The Spirit leads from the inside out, helping us honor God every day. Ezekiel 36:26-27
- The Bible is like a special treasure map, guiding us through life. 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- Other Christians help us stay on the right track. Galatians 6:1-2
Topic #8: Put God First
- No matter how old you get, you’ll always be busy with things. You’ll always have to try hard to put God first. Deuteronomy 6:5
- Spend time with God by praying and reading the Bible
- Make a habit of talking about God with your family.
Topic #9: Obey Your Parents
- Kids should obey their parents. Colossians 3:20
- because the Bible says so!
- because it pleases the Lord!
- because it protects us!
Topic #10: The Golden Rule
- The Golden Rule says to treat others the way you want to be treated. Matthew 7:12
- Be nice to every kid, no matter what.
- Don’t say mean things behind other kids’ backs.
- Treat others right!
Topic #11: How to Grow
- The world doesn’t actually revolve around you, even though it might feel like it.
- We start to grow up as Christians by serving and giving.
- The greatest way to grow is by telling other people about Jesus!
Topic #12: What's Next?
This video is coming soon!
- Share this discipleship track with another family.
- Make a habit of “family talk” every week.
- Take turns leading so everyone can grow.
More on Helping Others
- The Great Commission
- Make Friends, Not Enemies
- Peter’s Crazy Vision
- Philip Shares with an Ethiopian
- The Church Is Born
- What Is Church?
- How Deep Do Your Roots Go?
- A Friendly Thing Called Forgiveness
- Don’t Speak Poisonous Words!
- Making Peace with Everyone | Ephesians 2
- Bullies and Bad Guys
- How to Grow as a Christian
- Don’t Forget The Third Thing!
- Don’t Be a Jesus Jerk
- 5 Rules for Kid Connections
We love it when a family finishes this track. Tell us about it so we can celebrate with you!
Subscribe to these podcasts to stay in the know.
How It Works
At pursueGOD Kids, we help kids and families pursue God one topic at a time - at church and at home. We believe parents are pastors for their kids, so we've built our resources to help you do your job in three simple steps:
Step 1: Pick a category to get started, which will help you find the lesson you need. You've already picked our Family Talk category, but here's a complete listing of options:
- Bible Basics - Learn about God & Jesus, sin & salvation, prayer & Bible, and more!
- Life of Jesus - Talk with your kids about the miracles, parables, and stories of Jesus!
- Bible Storyline - Talk with your kids about the stories of the Old and New Testaments!
- Kid Wisdom - Talk with your kids about attitude, friendship, self-esteem, and more!
Step 2: Start Talking by choosing a topic from above. Watch the video together as a family and then use the discussion questions to have a conversation. Then pick another topic for next time! Try another category and make it a habit to have conversations every week.
Step 3: Complete "The Pursuit," our discipleship track that will guide your family through what it means to be a Christian (see above). In this track, parents can help their kids ask Jesus into their hearts! This is an important step for every kid, and we recommend it for 8-years-old and above.