How It Works: Watch a topic video each week and then talk about it as a family. Complete the track in 12 weeks or take more time to cover more topics at the end of each section.
Topic #1: Samson
- God promised to make Samson a warrior. Judges 13:5
- Samson promised God not to touch dirty things, not to drink alcohol. and never cut his hair.
- The story of Samson is about self control and keeping your promises. Judges 16:19
Topic #2: Elijah
- Elijah was a prophet, which is another word for messenger.
- God has existed forever, and he is the real God. Isaiah 4:28
- Elijah had a big showdown with false prophets, but the real God won! 1 Kings 18:24-39
Topic #3: Jehoshaphat
- The Moabites, the Ammonites and the Meunites declared war to King Jehoshaphat. 2 Chronicles 20:1-2
- Jehoshaphat prayed to God when he was in trouble. 2 Chronicles 20:6
- Jehoshaphat knew that God was the only hope for his kingdom.
- God wants to help you in every situation.
More Warm Ups
- Jesus Turns Water Into Wine
- The Famous Tower of Babel
- Noah and the Rainbow
- Noah and The Flood
- How God Created Everything
- Who Is God?
- Three Things About Thankfulness
- Budgeting Basics For Christian Kids
- Josiah the Boy King
- Shadrach, Meshach & Abednego
- Be Like Spieth – Don’t Be a Sore Loser
- How to Be a Wise Kid
- Esther the Beautiful Queen
- Nehemiah the Cupbearer
- Three Reasons to Obey Your Parents
- Joseph and the Cool Robe
- What Is Communion?
- Daniel and the Lions’ Den
- The Silly Little Golden Cow
- Where Does Our Money Come From?
- The Outrageous Bravery of Gideon
- Winning at School
Topic #4: What Is Sin?
View the Kid’s Church lesson for this topic.
- Sin is doing things our own way instead of God’s way. James 4:7
- Sin started with the very first people, and it’s still around today! Romans 3:23
- Sin separates us from God and the people we love.
- Jesus took care of our sin problem when he went to the cross. Romans 6:23
Topic #5: Who Is Jesus?
View the Kids’ Church lesson for this topic.
- Jesus existed even before he was born on earth. John 1:1-2
- Jesus is actually God himself. John 1:1
- God created everything through Jesus. John 1:3
- Jesus is the light that shines in the darkness. John 1:5
Topic #6: Trusting Jesus
- We all have a sin problem, both kids and parents! Romans 3:23
- Jesus fixed the problem when he died on the cross. Romans 5:8
- Anyone can begin a relationship with God by Jesus (asking him into your heart). Romans 3:22
Asking Jesus into your heart:
“Jesus, I know that I need you to help me. I believe that you died for my sins and rose from the grave. Will you come into my heart so I can be saved? Thank you for this free gift. Amen.”
Topic #7: How to Live
- As Christians, we should live to honor God. 2 Corinthians 5:17
- The Spirit leads from the inside out, helping us honor God every day. Ezekiel 36:26-27
- The Bible is like a special treasure map, guiding us through life. 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- Other Christians help us stay on the right track. Galatians 6:1-2
Topic #8: Put God First
- No matter how old you get, you’ll always be busy with things. You’ll always have to try hard to put God first. Deuteronomy 6:5
- Spend time with God by praying and reading the Bible
- Make a habit of talking about God with your family.
Topic #9: Obey Your Parents
- Kids should obey their parents. Colossians 3:20
- because the Bible says so!
- because it pleases the Lord!
- because it protects us!
Topic #10: The Golden Rule
- The Golden Rule says to treat others the way you want to be treated. Matthew 7:12
- Be nice to every kid, no matter what.
- Don’t say mean things behind other kids’ backs.
- Treat others right!
Topic #11: How to Grow
- The world doesn’t actually revolve around you, even though it might feel like it.
- We start to grow up as Christians by serving and giving.
- The greatest way to grow is by telling other people about Jesus!
Topic #12: What's Next?
This video is coming soon!
- Share this discipleship track with another family.
- Make a habit of “family talk” every week.
- Take turns leading so everyone can grow.
More on Helping Others
- The Great Commission
- Make Friends, Not Enemies
- Peter’s Crazy Vision
- Philip Shares with an Ethiopian
- The Church Is Born
- What Is Church?
- How Deep Do Your Roots Go?
- A Friendly Thing Called Forgiveness
- Don’t Speak Poisonous Words!
- Making Peace with Everyone | Ephesians 2
- Bullies and Bad Guys
- How to Grow as a Christian
- Don’t Forget The Third Thing!
- Don’t Be a Jesus Jerk
- 5 Rules for Kid Connections
We love it when a family finishes this track. Tell us about it so we can celebrate with you!
Here’s what’s new on our site this week. Click here for all topics.