- 5 Rules for Kid Connections
- A Friendly Thing Called Forgiveness
- Asking Jesus into Your Heart
- Be Like Spieth – Don’t Be a Sore Loser
- Bullies and Bad Guys
- Character Counts With God
- Does God Want Me to Be Happy?
- Don’t Be a Jesus Jerk
- Don’t Be Friends with Poisonous People!
- Don’t Crack Your Friends Like an Egg
- Don’t Drink Poisonous Thoughts!
- Don’t Phlip Out!
- Don’t Speak Poisonous Words!
- Don’t Worry About Anything
- Driven by Heaven
- Get Rich
- God and My Lunch Box
- God Doesn’t Pick Favorites
- God Wants Us to Try Our Best
- Happy are the Merciful
- Head Habits vs. Heart Habits
- How Deep Do Your Roots Go?
- How Feelings Work
- How Friendship Works
- How Jesus Fixed It All
- How Much Do You Love Your Money?
- How People Messed It Up
- How to Boost Your Self-Esteem
- How to Live as a Christian Kid
- How to Love
- How to Start a Relationship with God
- Keep Practicing What You’ve Learned
- Kids Are Like Legos
- Let’s Talk about Baptism
- Listen To Your Coach
- Look on the Bright Side
- Make Friends, Not Enemies
- Making Peace with Everyone | Ephesians 2
- Obey Your Parents
- Outrageous Power and the Raging Waves
- Sometimes Life Isn’t Fair
- Step Into Good Habits
- Stop Your Stinkin Thinkin
- The Grumble Family
- The Rock of Grace
- The Rock of Love
- The Rock of Obedience
- Think About Lovely Things
- Three Reasons to Obey Your Parents
- Three Things About Thankfulness
- Throw Away Your Bad Batteries
- Treat Others Right
- We Have Been Adopted
- What Are Your Habits?
- What Every Christian Needs to Know
- What is Grace?
- What Is Self-Control?
- What is Wisdom?
- What the Light Does | Ephesians 5
- When Your Prayers Bounce Off the Ceiling
- Where Does Our Money Come From?
- Where Happiness Starts
- Where Is God in the Garbage?
- Why Every Christian Kid Goes to Church
- Winning at Losing
- Winning at School
- Wise Kids Are Obedient
Topic #1: How to Start
- We all have a sin problem, both kids and parents! Romans 3:23
- Jesus fixed the problem when he died on the cross. Romans 5:8
- Anyone can begin a relationship with God by Jesus (asking him into your heart). Romans 3:22
Asking Jesus into your heart:
“Jesus, I know that I need you to help me. I believe that you died for my sins and rose from the grave. Will you come into my heart so I can be saved? Thank you for this free gift. Amen.”
Topic #2: How to Live
- As Christians, we should live to honor God. 2 Corinthians 5:17
- The Spirit leads from the inside out, helping us honor God every day. Ezekiel 36:26-27
- The Bible is like a special treasure map, guiding us through life. 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- Other Christians help us stay on the right track. Galatians 6:1-2
Topic #3: How to Grow
- The world doesn’t actually revolve around you, even though it might feel like it.
- We start to grow up as Christians by serving and giving.
- The greatest way to grow is by telling other people about Jesus!
More Bible Basics
- Posts not found
LIFE OF JESUS
Topic #4: The Baptism of Jesus
- John didn’t want to baptize Jesus, because he didn’t feel worthy. Matthew 3:13-14
- Jesus wanted to get baptized to be a good example to us. Matthew 3:15
- When Jesus was baptized, God the Father was really happy. Matthew 3:17
- Baptism is a very important symbol that helps us remember what Jesus did for us. Romans 6:4
Topic #5: Loaves & Fishes
- There are only two miracles that appear in all 4 gospels.
- Jesus can do big stuff with little stuff.
- God does big stuff through little people. Mark 10:27
Topic #6: Healing on the Sabbath
- Jesus cares about people who get picked on.
- The “Sabbath” was the Jewish day of rest.
- God gave people the Sabbath to help them.
- God cares more about people than rules. 1 John 4:19
More Life of Jesus
- The Story of the Runaway Son
- What Jesus Says About Worry
- Jesus and the Rich Man
- What Jesus Thinks About Kids
- Always Be Ready
- Building On a Rock
- Jesus and the Pharisees
- The Parable of the Vineyard Workers
- Jesus Calms a Storm
- Jesus Heals a Leper
- The Real Family of Jesus
- Jesus Picks His Disciples
- No Room in the Inn
- It’s Not About the Presents
- Jesus Turns Water Into Wine
- The Baptism of Jesus
- John the Baptist
- Jesus Is the Word
- Jesus Sitting on the Throne
- Jesus and the White Horse
- Jesus and the Big Catch
- The Great Commission
- Jesus Appears to Thomas
- Jesus Before Pilate
- Peter Denies Jesus
- Jesus Raises Lazarus
Topic #7: Elijah & Worship
- Elijah was a prophet, which is another word for messenger.
- God has existed forever.
- God is the real God.
- We worship the One True God by singing and obeying.
Topic #8: Jehoshaphat & Prayer
- The Moabites, the Ammonites and the Meunites declared war to King Jehoshaphat. 2 Chronicles 20:1-2
- Jehoshaphat prayed to God when he was in trouble. 2 Chronicles 20:6
- Jehoshaphat knew that God was the only hope for his kingdom.
- God wants to help you in every situation.
Topic #9: Josiah & God's Word
- Josiah was only eight years old when he became king. 2 Kings 22:1-2
- Idols are things that are not God. 2 Kings 23:2-3
- Josiah read God’s Word and obeyed it.
- The Bible has God’s words written on it so you can read it, obey it, and share it! 2 Timothy 3:16
More Bible Storyline
- Posts not found
Topic #10: Put God First
- No matter how old you get, you’ll always be busy with things. You’ll always have to try hard to put God first. Deuteronomy 6:5
- Spend time with God by praying and reading the Bible
- Make a habit of talking about God with your family.
Topic #11: Obey Your Parents
- Kids should obey their parents. Colossians 3:20
- because the Bible says so!
- because it pleases the Lord!
- because it protects us!
Topic #12: Treat Others Right
- The Golden Rule says to treat others the way you want to be treated. Matthew 7:12
- Be nice to every kid, no matter what.
- Don’t say mean things behind other kids’ backs.
- Treat others right!
More Kid Wisdom
- Posts not found
Subscribe to these podcasts to stay in the know.
How It Works
At pursueGOD Kids, we help kids and families pursue God one topic at a time - at church and at home. We believe parents are pastors for their kids, so we've built our resources to help you do your job in three simple steps:
Step 1: Pick a category to get started, which will help you find the lesson you need. You've already picked our Kid Wisdom category, but here's a complete listing of options:
- Bible Basics - Learn about God & Jesus, sin & salvation, prayer & Bible, and more!
- Life of Jesus - Talk with your kids about the miracles, parables, and stories of Jesus!
- Bible Storyline - Talk with your kids about the stories of the Old and New Testaments!
- Kid Wisdom - Talk with your kids about attitude, friendship, self-esteem, and more!
Step 2: Start Talking by choosing a topic from above. Watch the video together as a family and then use the discussion questions to have a conversation. Then pick another topic for next time! Try another category and make it a habit to have conversations every week.
Step 3: Complete "The Pursuit," our discipleship track that will guide your family through what it means to be a Christian (see above). In this track, parents can help their kids ask Jesus into their hearts! This is an important step for every kid, and we recommend it for 8-years-old and above.