How to Use PGK
At pursueGOD Kids, we help kids and families pursue God one topic at a time – at church and at home. We believe parents are pastors for their kids, so we’ve built our resources to help you do your job in three simple steps:
Step 1: Pick a category to get started, which will help you find the lesson you need. You’ve already picked our Basics category, but here’s a complete listing of options:
- Bible Basics – Learn about God & Jesus, sin & salvation, prayer & Bible, and more!
- Life of Jesus – Talk with your kids about the miracles, parables, and stories of Jesus!
- Bible Storyline – Talk with your kids about the stories of the Old and New Testaments!
- Kid Wisdom – Talk with your kids about attitude, friendship, self-esteem, and more!
Step 2: Start Talking by choosing a topic from above. Watch the video together as a family and then use the discussion questions to have a conversation. Then pick another topic for next time! Try another category and make it a habit to have conversations every week.
Step 3: Complete “The Pursuit,” our discipleship track that will guide your family through what it means to be a Christian (see below). In this track, parents can help their kids ask Jesus into their hearts! This is an important step for every kid, and we recommend it for 8-years-old and above.
No posts found
Topic #1: How to Start
- We all have a sin problem, both kids and parents! Romans 3:23
- Jesus fixed the problem when he died on the cross. Romans 5:8
- Anyone can begin a relationship with God by Jesus (asking him into your heart). Romans 3:22
Asking Jesus into your heart:
“Jesus, I know that I need you to help me. I believe that you died for my sins and rose from the grave. Will you come into my heart so I can be saved? Thank you for this free gift. Amen.”
Topic #2: How to Live
- As Christians, we should live to honor God. 2 Corinthians 5:17
- The Spirit leads from the inside out, helping us honor God every day. Ezekiel 36:26-27
- The Bible is like a special treasure map, guiding us through life. 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- Other Christians help us stay on the right track. Galatians 6:1-2
Topic #3: How to Grow
- The world doesn't actually revolve around you, even though it might feel like it.
- We start to grow up as Christians by serving and giving.
- The greatest way to grow is by telling other people about Jesus!
More Bible Basics
- Posts not found
LIFE OF JESUS
Topic #4: The Baptism of Jesus
- John didn’t want to baptize Jesus, because he didn’t feel worthy. Matthew 3:13-14
- Jesus wanted to get baptized to be a good example to us. Matthew 3:15
- When Jesus was baptized, God the Father was really happy. Matthew 3:17
- Baptism is a very important symbol that helps us remember what Jesus did for us. Romans 6:4
Topic #5: Loaves & Fishes
- There are only two miracles that appear in all 4 gospels.
- Jesus can do big stuff with little stuff.
- God does big stuff through little people. Mark 10:27
Topic #6: Healing on the Sabbath
- Jesus cares about people who get picked on.
- The “Sabbath” was the Jewish day of rest.
- God gave people the Sabbath to help them.
- God cares more about people than rules. 1 John 4:19
More Life of Jesus
- The Story of the Runaway Son
- What Jesus Says About Worry
- Jesus and the Rich Man
- What Jesus Thinks About Kids
- Always Be Ready
- Building On a Rock
- Jesus and the Pharisees
- The Parable of the Vineyard Workers
- Jesus Calms a Storm
- Jesus Heals a Leper
- The Real Family of Jesus
- Jesus Picks His Disciples
- No Room in the Inn
- It’s Not About the Presents
- Jesus Turns Water Into Wine
- The Baptism of Jesus
- John the Baptist
- Jesus Is the Word
- Jesus Sitting on the Throne
- Jesus and the White Horse
- Jesus and the Big Catch
- The Great Commission
- Jesus Appears to Thomas
- Jesus Before Pilate
- Peter Denies Jesus
- Jesus Raises Lazarus
Topic #7: Elijah & Worship
- Elijah was a prophet, which is another word for messenger.
- God has existed forever.
- God is the real God.
- We worship the One True God by singing and obeying.
Topic #8: Jehoshaphat & Prayer
- The Moabites, the Ammonites and the Meunites declared war to King Jehoshaphat. 2 Chronicles 20:1-2
- Jehoshaphat prayed to God when he was in trouble. 2 Chronicles 20:6
- Jehoshaphat knew that God was the only hope for his kingdom.
- God wants to help you in every situation.
Topic #9: Josiah & God's Word
- Josiah was only eight years old when he became king. 2 Kings 22:1-2
- Idols are things that are not God. 2 Kings 23:2-3
- Josiah read God’s Word and obeyed it.
- The Bible has God’s words written on it so you can read it, obey it, and share it! 2 Timothy 3:16
More Bible Storyline
- Posts not found
Topic #10: Put God First
- No matter how old you get, you’ll always be busy with things. You’ll always have to try hard to put God first. Deuteronomy 6:5
- Spend time with God by praying and reading the Bible
- Make a habit of talking about God with your family.
Topic #11: Obey Your Parents
- Kids should obey their parents. Colossians 3:20
- because the Bible says so!
- because it pleases the Lord!
- because it protects us!
Topic #12: Treat Others Right
- The Golden Rule says to treat others the way you want to be treated. Matthew 7:12
- Be nice to every kid, no matter what.
- Don’t say mean things behind other kids' backs.
- Treat others right!
More Kids' Wisdom
- Posts not found
How to Use FLEXTALK
When Jesus said “Go make disciples,” he wasn’t just talking about investing in other Christians at church. He wants you to go help someone who doesn’t yet know Jesus! That’s what FLEXTALK.org is all about. There you’ll find conversation starters just like the ones at pursueGOD.org – except without explicit references to the Bible. Use it to engage people in meaningful conversations, and then bring them to pursueGOD.org when they’re ready to talk about faith.
Click here to visit FLEXTALK.org.
Spread the Word
Spread the word about pursueGOD.org with all new Invite Cards – business cards emblazoned with the images from any of our category pages. Hand them out at church, at school, and in the community to open the door for disciple-making conversations in your world. Order cards for yourself, your small group, or your entire church.